Q. I purchased a VisionBoard and am having trouble getting it to work with my MAC. Do I need to download a driver?
A. No, you do not need a driver. Following are some instructions to assist you:
- Plug your Chester Creek keyboard into your Mac.
- Click "Continue" when the Keyboard Assistant pops up telling you that the keyboard is unrecognized.
- Follow the screen prompts:
- Press the key to the right of the Shift Key on the Left side of the keyboard. On the VisionBoard2 or KinderBoard keyboard, this is the "Z" key. Note – you need to press the Z key on your Chester Creek keyboard (not on your MAC keyboard).
- Press the key to the Left of the Shift key on the Right side of the keyboard. On the VisionBoard2 or KinderBoard keyboard, this is the "/?" key. Note – you need to press the /? key on your Chester Creek keyboard (not on your MAC keyboard). Although the standard VisionBoard does not have a Shift Key on the Right side of the keyboard, the "/?" key should still be pressed.
- Click "DONE" on the "Conclusion" screen.
Your VisionBoard2 or KinderBoard keyboard should now function properly. Note – Print Screen, and Insert, will not function. Home and End will function more or less like Page Up and Page Down. The Alt key should function like the MAC Option Key.
If the Keyboard Assistant does not appear when you plug the keyboard in (and the keyboard does not work), complete the following steps:
- Go to System Preferences,
- Double-click Keyboard and Mouse
- Select "Change Keyboard Type". This will bring up the Keyboard Assistant, and you can proceed through the instructions noted above.